Active Aging is a groundbreaking specialization course for movement professionals who want and need to enrich their understanding of working with aging clients. If you work with clients 55+ and you’re looking for a:
- Physical Therapist Course
- Physical Therapy Assistant Class
- Occupational Therapist Training
- Occupational Therapy Assistant Course Online
...enroll in Active Aging today! You’ll gain invaluable education, connection to likeminded professionals, and discover the truths of the human body.
Payment Plans available!
Plans starting at only $63 a month.
What Are the Benefits of Active Aging?
Enrich your knowledge of the aging body through demonstrations
Provide effective training and treatment for older clients and patients, including how to incorporate mobility aids
Connect with like-minded professionals from around the country
Gain ongoing access to exclusive resources and course materials
The online option gives you the experience of an in-person event and a wealth of content accessible from any internet-connected device — all at your own pace.
Learn alongside other movement professionals and immediately apply what you’ve learned when you return to the office, clinic, or gym.
*All Live Events include the Online Course!
Interested in taking Active Aging as a team? Group rates are available! Contact our team to learn more.
What Other Professionals Are Saying
"I am so glad that I have gone to Active Aging [physical therapy] sessions, not once but twice for my shoulder and now for my back! Each time I have gotten stronger and more flexible than I have been in years."
–George Humphreys, age 54
In the last two years, I’ve had rotator cuff repair on both shoulders. On both occasions, I completed my therapy with John and Cheryl Perry utilizing the principles of Active Aging. I am back to full health and have returned to playing golf. Understanding and completing these exercises and movements every day, I was able to heal faster than I even imagined.
–John Pappas, age 74
Working with the Perrys has been a wonderful experience. We believe in their Active Aging principles so much that my husband went there following the replacement of both knees this year, and I worked with them following my second knee replacement. They make recovery almost a pleasure. I say almost because recovery takes work and consistency. Active Aging with John and Cheryl…together, every step of the way.
–Anita McManus, age 67
Explore the Active Aging Webinar, Available at Your Fingertips
Ready for more course content, resources, and strategies? We explore all this and more in our Active Aging webinar, available free through the Gray Institute App. Explore strategies you can take back to your office, practice, or gym tomorrow, including:
- How the face of the Aging Population has changed.
- How Principles, Strategies, and Techniques of Applied Functional Science® dramatically improves patient / client outcomes in this growing demographic.
- Why this specialization is desperately needed now more than ever, especially with ever-changing insurance needs and decreased reimbursement.
- What current testing trends exist and how to modify tests to specifically address the individuality (needs, wants, goals) of patients / clients.
- How to utilize “drivers” to improve daily life and function.
Experience Active Aging virtually through the app and feel the difference.
Active Aging is Approved for Continuing Education Credits Through:
CANFITPRO - 4.0 CECs
Physical Therapy Associations
New York - 18 CE hours
Redefine Health Education has approved Active Aging in the following states: (13 Contact Hours)
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, **Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
**For Florida go to CE Broker (course approval #20-892355). Active Aging will be listed under Redefine Health Education as the sponsor.
If you do not see your state or organization listed, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course content is not intended for use by any participants outside the scope of their license or regulation.
Interested in Learning More About Active Aging?
Simply fill out the contact form on this page, and we’ll be in touch to answer any questions and provide more information right away.
What is Active Aging?
If you work with older people over the age of 55, you should understand their unique biomechanics. As we age, our bodies change. Many movement science professionals approach rehabilitation and healing with the older population like they would with younger athletes — and fail to get functional results. That’s because effectively working with aging clients and patients requires a different approach and specific mindset.
Our Active Aging course will introduce you to the truths of human movement, strategies, and techniques for working with an aging population.
This Intensive Course Will Cover:
- The foundational principles of Applied Functional Science® (AFS)
- How to achieve functional outcomes that meet your clients’ goals and meet Medicare standards
- Using AFS to treat clients individually by understanding their history, goals, and redefining functional results
- Achieving better results by viewing the body as a whole and not just isolated components
- How to work with and incorporate mobility aids like walkers, wheelchairs, and parallel bars
- The foundations you need to understand why you assign and do every exercise
This specialization focuses on understanding the unique biomechanics of an aging population, including anyone over the age of 55, whether they are in a nursing home, independent living, an athlete, or just want to maintain their hobbies and quality of life.
Who Should Enroll in Active Aging?
Over the past decade, our aging population has grown by more than a third. This trend isn’t stopping. By 2060, experts estimate that almost a quarter of our society will be 65 years or older. That’s 95 million people who will be in search of active aging solutions. At Gray Institute, we want to prepare you for this increasing demand.
There is power in learning together! We are proud to offer group rates that make group learning even easier. Learn more about course group rates.
Our Active Aging Course is Designed for All Movement Professionals
We encourage anyone who works with an older or aging population to attend, including:
Physical Therapist Assistants
Occupational Therapy Assistants
Strength and Conditioning Coaches
Is Active Aging Right for You?
Do you work with clients over the age of 55?
Have you been applying the same technique you use on younger clients with your older ones?
Do you need to prioritize "functional results" in your treatment and training?
Would you like more resources about Medicare-compliant results?
Have you ever struggled to integrate mobility aids into your protocols?
Do you need a fresh perspective on the biomechanics of aging bodies?
After Enrolling in Active Aging, You Will:
- Have a foundational understanding of Applied Functional Science.
- Be able to assess and understand your client’s unique history, goals, and needs.
- Have a new perspective on the biomechanics of older bodies and their needs and understand how to modify your approach to meet their needs.
- Understand how to achieve functional results for your older clients that comply with Medicare standards.
- Possess a greater appreciation for the context of your client’s healing and progress, including how to incorporate tools and devices in their healing.
Interested in hosting a live course? Contact Us Today!
Other Active Aging Resources
Talk to our team and see if Active Aging is right for you
Learn more about Active Aging by downloading our brochure